rentinc. makes every reasonable effort to include accurate and current property information on its web pages. rentinc. shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or losses arising from:
- The use of, or inability to use
- The directories
- Any errors
- Misrepresentations or omissions in the listings
- Products or services
We recommend that before you arrange a journey to view a property that you should confirm their availability and verify and crucial information, particularly current asking price, to avoid disappointment. Any queries regarding a property should be addressed to the branch in question. The conditions of this agreement shall be in force every time you visit rentinc.. The laws of the United Kingdom apply.
Whilst we strive to make sure that our entire site content is accurate, you should verify any information before acting upon it, as rentinc. cannot be liable for a loss, damage, or breach of contract suffered by placing reliance upon that information. This also applies to the content of any linked pages supplied by separate providers who publish their own business terms and conditions. Please note, soft furnishings are not included in the rental agreement for any of our properties.
The entire original content of rentinc.properties.com is to remain the property of rentinc. and is copyrighted with all legal rights in respect of copying, broadcasting or onward publishing reserved.The downloading of images and other material from this website is restricted to your own personal use and must not be used for any financial gain. The published material within the website may not be copied, broadcast, altered or adapted without the express permission of rentinc.
- rentinc. is the trading name of rentinc. a private company.
rentinc. owns the website located at http://www.rentinc.co.uk (the "Website"). By accessing and using the Website you the user agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the "Terms") which govern your access to and use of the Website.
- Ownership and Use of Content
- All text, data, charts, tables, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trade marks, service marks and other material on the Website (the "Content") and all rights in it belongs to rentinc.. You may retrieve and display Content from the Website on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your personal use. Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any other way.
- You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content on the Website or to use it for any purpose other than for your personal and non-commercial use.
Use You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or the disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights that may exist in this Website and the Content shall remain at all times the property of rentinc..
- The trade marks, service marks and logos used and displayed on this Website ("Trade Marks") are registered or unregistered trade marks of rentinc.. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark without written permission from rentinc.. The name of rentinc. may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of Content without the prior written permission of rentinc..
- The Website and Content is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis and rentinc. does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any Content. All implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these Terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
- In no event will rentinc. be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
- rentinc. has tried to ensure that all the Content provided on the Website is correct at the time of publication. The Content is provided on an information basis only and should not be relied upon. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of rentinc. for any errors, omissions, or misleading Content on the Website or on any websites to which the Website connects.
- rentinc. does not warrant that the Website or Content will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Changes to the Terms
rentinc. reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any parts of the Website or these Terms. When these Terms are amended, rentinc. will publish details of the amendments on the Website. Your continued use of the Website is taken as your agreement to be bound by these Terms as amended.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If these Terms or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country.
If there is any conflict between these Terms and any other written agreement between you and rentinc. then the latter shall prevail.
Events beyond our control
rentinc. will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
rentinc. is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material you access through this Website.
Certain files of Content are available for download from the Website. These files of Content are subject to these Terms.
rentinc. has developed this policy so that you can feel confident about the privacy and security of the personal information that you provide to us.
Disclosure of information
rentinc. complies with and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.Our staff and those working for our agents and contractors maintain a responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry. Any personal details that we use to provide or promote our products and services to you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, or any details of the services you have purchased or about which you have enquired) will not be passed to any third party organisation for marketing purposes without your permission and will not be used by us for any purpose other than that which you requested.The Internet is not a secure medium. However to protect your data we put in place various security procedures including use of firewalls, backup measures, we limit access to data to relevant personnel and password protect all machinery holding personal data.
You don't have to register to access www.rentinc.co.uk website however, we want to help you find exactly what you require as quickly and smoothly as possible. Therefore, the more we know about your property needs the easier it is for us to help you. For this reason we encourage you to register your property requirements with us. Once you have registered we are in a better position to recommend specific properties or services of potential interest to you.
Your details may be combined with other information in our records in order to:
- Save you having to keep giving us the same information for different rentinc. services
- Help you to get more out of your visits to our website by suggesting information about products and services which may be useful to you.
- Keep other parts of our website up to date with your details in order to offer you products and services by post or e-mail that may interest you.
When you register you consent to us using your personal data in the manner described in this Policy. If you do not register, the personal data we collect from you will be limited to the specific enquiry you have made. rentinc. will use that data for no other purpose than to facilitate that transaction. If any of the information that you provide to rentinc. changes, for example if you change your email address, name, address or contact numbers, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to rentinc.properties.com.
Our web site or an embedded component from a trusted partner may automatically create a 'cookie' when you visit us. A 'cookie' is a piece of information that is held on your PC, which enables our website to recognise you on subsequent visits and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements. As the 'cookie' is based on your PC we are unable to recognise you if you visit any of our websites from a different PC unless you register with us. If you do register then you will be able to login from any PC using your pass-code. rentinc.â€™s use of 'cookies' does not include the collection of any personal information regarding the use of your PC or internet browsing in any way.If you do not want a cookie to be created on your PC, web browsers such as Netscape and Internet Explorer provide the option to disable them. Please note that some personalised services on this site may not be available if you choose to disable cookies. You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org
rentinc. complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 in the United Kingdom. We respect the privacy of personal email accounts and we store your email address as securely as any other personal information we hold. We will not send you unwanted email messages or junk mail and your details will not be passed to any organisation outside rentinc. without your explicit permission.If you have given us permission, we may use email to send you messages to keep you up to date with news about our current services, as well as anything you express an interest in, either online or through other contact with rentinc.
Third party sites
Third party internet sites that you can link through to from our website are not covered by our Privacy and Security policy, so we accept no responsibility or liability for these sites.
Any action or request for additional information conducted on this site does not constitute an agreement between rentinc. Properties (Leeds) Ltd and the user. If a site user wishes to sell or buy a home through us, any terms and conditions will be fully disclosed at that time.
Please note that if you have a current agreement with another estate agent you may become liable, in instructing us, to pay fees both to us and to the other agent.
The Property Misdescriptions Act 1991
The Property Misdescriptions Act is a major part of legislation affecting estate agency, which gives you added protection. The aim of the act is to ensure that everything said or written by an estate agent about a property is accurate, and not misleading.The act is enforced by the Trading Standards Authority.
rentinc. fully supports the principles of this legislation and takes great care to produce accurate and realistic property details.
Money Laundering Regulations
Money Laundering is the way in which criminals conceal the origin and true ownership of the proceeds of their criminal activities so that it appears to come from a legitimate source. In order to combat this activity, all estate agents are now subject to Money Laundering Regulations and are required to obtain some additional personal details from customers who instruct us to sell a property on their behalf. Therefore, our staff must carry out checks to verify the name and address details customers have provided; this may include the inspection of personal documents such as a passport, driving license or a recent utility bill. We also need to collect customer's date of birth, country of residence and nationality.
Security and Privacy
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and lays down principles for its use. One principle states that information has to be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that you are entitled to know how we intend to use any information you provide. You can then decide whether you want to give it to us. When contacting us, the information you send will be secure using the Customer Information Request Form. Any information you provide will be held by rentinc.. rentinc. may use it to inform you by letter, telephone, e-mail, SMS texting or otherwise about any products and services offered by our group and selected third parties, unless you have asked us not to do so. We may record telephone conversations to offer additional security, resolve complaints and improve our standards. All our employees are personally responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality. Unless you have given us your consent, we will not provide information about you to companies outside our group to use for their own marketing purposes.
Our Service Aims
We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representations or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. Services, fittings and equipment referred to in the sales details have not been tested (unless otherwise stated) and no warranty can be given as to their condition. We strongly recommend that, all the information we provide about the property is verified by yourself or your advisers. If there is any point of particular importance to you, we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries.
If you are the seller, we'll explain our obligations to you under the law when preparing your property details, and ask you to approve and confirm the accuracy of those details, to ensure everything we say about your property is true. For this reason, we may not be able to include certain information unless you can back up the details with proof (eg planning permission documents), the precise nature of the tenure and evidence of works of improvements or alterations. We also ask you to tell us about any changes which affect your property details, when they happen.
rentinc. is a trading name of Hive Living LLP, company number OC328680.
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of you complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the office manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
- If you are still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request an independent review from The Property Ombudsman without charge.
The Property Ombudsman
Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street
01722 333 306
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
Terms and conditions apply. Offer is subject to availability. To qualify for this offer the Referrer must have stayed at a rentinc in the 2022/23 or 2023/24 academic year. Residents can refer as many friends as they wish. One £100 Referrer incentive and one £50 Referred Friend incentive payable per property on a joint tenancy. Promotional code must be quoted at the time of booking. Rentinc retains the right to cease and/or amend the scheme/offer at any time without notice. The decision to approve a referral and pay the incentive is at the absolute discretion of rentinc based on evidence. £100 incentive payable to Referrer and £50 incentive payable to Referred Friend only following Referred Friend’s actual move in to Property. Customers will not be eligible for this promotion if they have booked their accommodation through an Agent of rentinc. If they go on to refer others to live with rentinc, then they will be entitled to the incentive. For full terms and conditions speak to a member of the team.