Answers to the most frequently asked questions you need to know before, during or after your tenancy agreement
Yes we are open for viewings on Saturdays from 10am to 5pm.
Yes - however please ensure it complies with up-to-date fire and safety regulations. Please make sure you arrange your own storage for Rentinc's furniture and remove any personal items before you leave.
Although the majority of our lets are to students we are a private company with no official affiliation to the SLC
It depends on the property type. Most of our properties are offered as All-inc which means that bills are included, however some are non-inc, where no bills are included in the rent; the bills in this case are the tenant's responsibility.
The status of the property regarding bills is clearly indicated next to the rent amount on every property listing.
With All-inc tenancies, the rent includes gas, electricity, water rates, internet and contents insurance, however these are subject to fair usage and any excess will be charged to the tenants.
Yes we do have some ‘student halls’ type accommodation though these are for smaller bed properties. Please enquiry for further information.
Yes - all properties require a minimum £200 deposit per person. However some properties may require a larger deposit.
Normally 12 months but this depends on the property.
No, the price is per person in relation to the number of bedrooms in the house.
We need 24 hours to inform current tenants of viewings on properties. To arrange a viewing either call into the office, phone us on
Yes we have individuals rooms to let within shared student houses. In these you will have your own room, but will share communal facilities.
We have installed Virgin Media business broadband in our ALL INC properties.
We do offer a summer discount on selected properties. Contact us to find out what we have on offer.
Yes, all properties come furnished including kitchen appliances.
Rentinc do not charge tenancy signing fees or upfront administration fees for letting properties.
In some circumstances, a reasonable charge may be payable to cover actual costs incurred by the landlord or the agency:
1) If the tenant requests the Landlord or Agent to visit the Property because the Tenant has lost any keys/access and cannot get into the property or is otherwise locked there will be a maximum of £35 (inc VAT) or the actual cost of the “out of hours” service invoice payable.
2) To reset any alarm (unless due to the fault of the Landlord or anyone for whom the Landlord is responsible) the Landlord or Agent reserves the right to charge a maximum of £50 or to cover invoice costs of an “out of hours” call out service.
3) If the Tenant requests the Landlord or Agent to re-advertise / re-let the Property (or part thereof) then the Tenant will be liable for the marketing costs, including £15 (inc. VAT) per viewing, £150 (inc VAT) for website/portal marketing costs and £50 (inc. VAT) for administration costs
4) Where the tenant loses or damages a key/access card or fob replacements will be charged at £15 (inc VAT).
5) The Landlord or Agent reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England on any rent or other money lawfully due which is in arrears for more than 14 days after the day on which it became due (such interest to be paid both before and after any Court Judgment). Should it become necessary to submit a claim to the County Court, additional charges to cover all preparation and recovery costs and Court fees will be added to the claim.
We do not run credit checks on tenants or potential guarantors - all our assessments for applications are done in house. However, if you cannot provide a guarantor, you can either pay the rent for the year up front, or go through a third party such as UK Guarantor or Housing Hand.
In properties owned by Rentinc you may be able to decorate, providing you obtain authorisation from the office first.
Small repairs and the day to day running of the property are the tenants responsibility, however in certain circumstances you may not be able to solve the problem and therefore we have instructed Hive Property Services to assist with these issues. However you will be charged for any call outs made which fall under the tenants responsibility or which are deemed unnecessary.
We appreciate that sometimes things can get tight however rental payments must be paid on time. If you fall in to arrears you will be charged and all guarantors and other tenants will be informed of the debt. Please refer to your tenancy agreement for details on charges that could be applied. The sooner you let us know of any extenuating circumstances the quicker we can try and work with you.
You can do, however you and the other tenants will need to find someone to assign over your tenancy. Once a suitable tenant is found they would need to fulfill all the necessary requirements and we would then need to add the new tenant to the contract.
Anyone can pay your rent on your behalf, however, the legal responsibility lies with you.
You can advertise your property for free by using websites such as Gumtree, Facebook. If you would like Rentinc to re-advertise your room on your behalf the cost is £150 (inclusive of VAT). You can contact a property consultant and they will be able to provide a list of websites.
The Deposit is safeguarded by the MyDeposits Scheme,
Tel: 0333 321 9401.
Rent is paid by Direct Debit. Your rent will be paid automatically once this has been set up.
The rent is paid in monthly or quarterly installments as per your tenancy agreement.
For Rentinc to process your bond we need proof of payment of your final bills for Water, Gas, Electric and Council Tax. This proof can come in either the form of either a letter from your supplier explaining that your account is clear or your final bill and a stamp from the post office stating the amount that has been paid. If you are a student then we would need a Council Tax exemption form which can be obtained from Leeds City Council. If you have taken an 'all inclusive property' with us then you will not need to provide proof that the bills have been paid.
Your bond can take up to 14 days to process once we have received proof of payment for your final bills. Once the bond has been processed and you have agreed in writing to any deductions it will be returned to you in the form of a BACS payment, please bear in mind that the BACS payment may take up to 5 working days to reach your bank.