Leeds was recently named one of the most vibrant city centres in Britain, ranking fifth in the ‘Vibrancy list’ put together by Experian. Here's why:
- Leeds City Centre boasts the Trinity Centre, with over 120 shops & businesses including a cinema complex.
- The Leeds Arena is located in the Northern Quarter of Leeds City centre and has a capacity of over 13,000. Opened in 2013, it is set to become the North’s premier indoor sporting arena and music venue.
- If the performing arts is your thing, Leeds is famous for the Leeds International Film Festival, held every November, the Leeds Grand Theatre & Opera House, and West Yorkshire playhouse.
- For historical sites of interest, there is Kirkstall abbey. Founded in 1152, the abbey is a beautiful attraction surrounded by idyllic parkland and set on the banks of the River Aire.
- For culinary delights, Leed's has Jamie’s Italian, Piccolino, Zizzi and Black House Grille to name but a few. For the adventurous there is also the 'Trinity Kitchen', featuring amazing street food from around the World.
- Train Station
- Beckett University
- Leeds University
- Trinity University
- Leeds City College
- Town Hall
- Leeds Library
- Leeds General Infirmary